I am originally from the northern Virginia area, though went to Kansas for both my undergraduate and veterinary degree. I spent two years at Friendship pursuing a rotating and specialty medicine internship before moving on to the University of Florida to complete my internal medicine residency. I am excited to be back at FHA to further my training with the Nephrology & Urology and Extracorporeal Therapies service.
Outside of the hospital, I look forward to continuing to explore the D.C. area, going on hikes, reading, and traveling.
- B.S. Animal Science – Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- DVM – Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- Small Animal Rotating Internship – Friendship Hospital for Animals, Washington, D.C.
- Small Animal Medicine Specialty Internship – Friendship Hospital for Animals, Washington, D.C.
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Residency – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Publications and Research:
- Fox-Alvarez S, Harris A. Proteinuria at Time of Diagnosis is Associated with Shorter Survival Times in Dogs with Lymphoma. In progress.
- Skinner S, Cooke K, Gilor C, Pascutti K, Berg A. Magnet-assisted endoscopic removal of ferromagnetic metallic gastric foreign bodies in four dogs. In progress.
- Skinner S, Zornow K, Etedali N, Hankin E, Hobbs J, Foster JD. Abdominal Ultrasound Examination Findings in Dogs with Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia. In progress.
- Sardoya M.C., Anderson D.E., George A., Wilkerson M.J., Skinner S., Ferrer M.S. Standardization of a method to detect bovine sperm-bound antisperm antibodies by flow cytometry. Theriogenology 2012; 78: 1570-1577.